Info & Forms
Varsity: Andy Holz – firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity: Andy Holz – email@example.com
JV: Tanya Proknow – firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School: Amanda Gomez – email@example.com
Elementary: Melanie Yunker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity: Brad Lindbergh – email@example.com
Varsity: Kendra Marks – firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity: Jason Paugh – email@example.com
Elementary Soccer (Coed)
Rebekah Fagiani – firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity: Dorothy Williams – Jean6613@comcast.net
Middle School: TBA
Varsity:Rebekah Fagiani – email@example.com
Athletic Packet / Philosophy & Policies
Athletics Packet 2017/18
As we gear up for the 2017-2018 school year, we are also rapidly approaching the start of our fall athletic season. Several of our teams will begin practicing on August 1st and will be hard at work preparing for their first games of the year. As a staff, we could not be more excited to help our athletes accomplish great things on and off the field of competition. The link below contains the compete Athletics Information Packet for the 2017-2018 school year. If your son or daughter has any interest in playing for a CSCA team this year, please take the time now to read through this informative packet. All necessary forms are included in this packet, and several must be signed and returned before your son or daughter can begin competing with his or her team. Also included is an overview of some of our key policies. As always, more information is available and is constantly being updated on the Athletics page at coralspringschristianacademy.com. Thank you for all of your support as we kick off a new year in Crusader Athletics!
Crusader Athletic Commitment
- Exemplary Christian Behavior.
- Being a positive member of CSCA.
- Practicing hard & playing fair.
- Attend practices & games.
- Fully support my teammates.
- Fully support my coaches.
- Fully using my God given talents.
Coaches are expected to use each player’s gifts to allow the individual and the team to compete at the highest level. Our younger age teams will focus on fun, with playing time for all being evenly distributed. As the players move up, the competition will increase accordingly. Some players will start, others will be subs, and some may receive very little playing time. At the Varsity level, all parents and fans will support the philosophy that our best players will play. It is our belief that all games should be played to win with integrity, through a Christ-honoring approach.
Sports Season Guide
Academic Eligibility Guide
In order for a student to be eligible to participate in a school-sponsored event (practice, game, or other event), the student must not be unexcused from school, nor more than one hour late to school on the day of a practice, event, or game,
Quitting a Team
The coach will distribute school team uniforms in the beginning of the season. It is the responsibility of the player to take proper care of the uniform and have it ready for games. Each coach will determine what is to be worn to school on game days. We expect student athletes to be in full compliance with the CSCA dress code at all times. All school team uniforms must be cleaned and returned at the end of the season. Lost or damaged uniforms are the responsibility of the player/parent.
Participation and Consent Forms:
Fall Sports Tryouts
- Flag Football: CSCA Flag Football tryouts will be held on Wednesday August 16th @ 3:30pm. If you have any questions about the Football program, please contact AD/Head Coach, Andy Holz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volleyball: CSCA Volleyball tryouts for Varsity and JV will be held on Friday July 28th from 6:00pm – 8:30pm.Tryouts for Elementary Volleyball will be held on Tuesday August 15th @ 3:30pm.Tryouts for MS Volleyball will be held on Wednesday August 16th @ 3:00pm.If you have any questions about the Volleyball program, please contact AD & Head Coach Andy Holz at email@example.com.
- Cross Country: CSCA Cross Country tryouts will be held on Monday July 31st. If you have any questions about the Cross Country program, please contact Coach Brad Lindbergh at firstname.lastname@example.org or AD Andy Holz at email@example.com.
- Swimming: If you have any questions about the Swimming program, and Tryouts, please contact Coach Kendra Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz at email@example.com.
- Golf: CSCA Golf Tryouts will be held on Thursday August 17th @ 3:00pm. If you have any questions about the Golf program, please contact Coach Jason Paugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or AD Andy Holz at email@example.com.
- Elementary Soccer: CSCA Elementary (Co-ed) Soccer tryouts will be held on Friday August 18th @ 3:30pm. If you have any questions about the Elementary Soccer program, please contact Elementary Soccer Coach, Rebekah Fagiani at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz at email@example.com.
Winter Sports Tryouts
- Boys Basketball: Boys Basketball tryouts will be announced later in the Fall. For information on the Boys Basketball program, contact Head Coach Andy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
- Girls Basketball: Girls Basketball tryouts will be announced later in the Fall. For information on the Girls Basketball program, contact Head Coach Dorothy Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
- Boys Soccer: Boys Soccer tryouts will be announced later in the Fall. For information on the Boys Soccer program, contact Head Coach Joe Sanelli at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
- Girls Soccer: Girls Soccer tryouts will be announced later in the Fall. For information on the Girls Soccer program, contact Head Coach Rebekah Fagiani at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
Spring Sports Tryouts
- Baseball: Baseball tryouts will be announced in the Winter. For information on the Baseball program, contact Head Coach Steve Carp at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
- Softball: Softball tryouts will be announced in the Winter. For information on the Softball program, contact Coach Kevin Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org. AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
- Track & Field: Track & Field tryouts will be announced in the Winter. For information on the Track & Field program, contact Head Coach Brad Lindbergh at firstname.lastname@example.org, or AD Andy Holz @ email@example.com.
- Cheerleading: For all Cheerleading teams (Elementary – HS), Please contact Coach Kymm Kerekes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brendan Teeters, Swimming, C/O 2015
Brendan Teeters – I can honestly say that CSCA gave me an incredibly unique learning experience academically, socially, and athletically that I don’t think I could have received anywhere else. At Coral Springs Christian, I was able to take multiple college level courses through Advanced Placement and receive college credit, putting me ahead after I graduated! The academic, rigorous yet helpful, classes helped creat lasting bonds of friendship for me among my classmates. As I was busy trying to keep up with the workload of all my courses, I was always able to connect with my fellow classmates because of the closely knit family-like atmosphere that administration helped create. The faculty not only encouraged me socially and academically but also athletically. As a year-around competitive swimmer, I was slightly worried when I first arrived at CSCA. I didn’t think that I was going to be able to get the same opportunity as many high school swimmers to compete on a school swim team because of a lack of interest in the sport. Luckily, the Athletic Director and administration helped me create a swim team for the sole purpose of me competing at the high school level. In the two years that I represented the Crusaders in the pool, I was able to compete at states back-to-back. Because of this opportunity I was recognized by the Sun-Sentinel in their annual All-County sports publication. I also was able to sign with Gardner-Webb University, a Division 1 school, for swimming and receive a Full Tuition scholarship based off of a combination of my academic and athletic achievements. As I am excited to carry on in life and enter the real world, I will always look back at CSCA with fond memories of my once-in-a-lifetime experiences and lasting friendships.
Sebastian Bolivar, Boys Soccer, C/O 2015
Sebastian Bolivar- Coral Springs Christian Academy was my home for the past three years of my life as a student-athlete. I made some great friendships with many students, teachers and coaches. I was able to graduate with an Honors Diploma and received credit for 3 college courses by taking AP Classes. Playing Varsity Soccer at CSCA was definitely an experience that I cherish and will remember for the rest of my life. Being captain of the team my junior and senior year and helping the younger players on the team develop their skills as well as their passion for this sport was a true honor and fulfilling experience. While playing for CSCA, I received All-Conference Honors my junior and senior year, along with two of my teammates Eliot Gray and Josh Palhano. In the middle of our season, I was also recruited and received a max-offer scholarship from Dodge City Community College in Kansas to be able to continue playing at the next level which I accepted. Coach Linton and Coach Hines helped not only myself but every single one of my teammates, sometimes working with each player individually during practice, to better our footwork, endurance, and soccer IQ. Our team was encouraged to run track and cross country in the offseason to better the fitness of each individual and has a summer training camp program to better each player’s skills for the upcoming season. Our coaches are extremely dedicated to our players and that is what makes the Varsity Soccer team a family.
Julia Lindbergh, Volleyball, Girls Basketball, Track & Field, C/O 2015
Julia Lindbergh- Attending Coral Springs Christian Academy has blessed me in many aspects; however, sports has been very close to my heart. Starting in elementary school I played all different sports but volleyball always stuck out to me. Now as I move on to play in college I am so thankful for all of the long hours coaches put in with me to push me to be the best I could, the dedicated fans that showed up to every game, and the amazing parents and staff that never let you down when you needed something. Playing volleyball at CSCA has taught me so many lessons that make me excited to go to this next phase in my life because I feel very prepared. On my signing day I looked around and was so thankful for all of the people there who helped me arrive at that point. Playing CSCA volleyball has been an unforgettable memory with numerous great lessons on and off the court.